Triage Assessment for Addictive Disorders-5 (TAAD-5)
The TAAD-5 is a brief structured interview designed to identify current alcohol and drug problems. This 10-minute assessment tool covers all DSM-5 criteria for substance use disorders. It offers high internal reliability. The TAAD-5 produces alcohol and drug use disorders profiles similar to those of more time intensive instruments.
A technician or paraprofessional can administer the TAAD-5 for interpretation by a qualified professional. A scoring summary is incorporated into each instrument and can be completed in 2-3 minutes.Applications:
- Any situation requiring fast, initial discrimination between a likely substance use disorder or no diagnosis.
- Ideal for preliminary triage to determine if a treatment referral or intake assessment is indicated.
- Other settings for use include:
- a quick initial assessment of DUI/DWI offenders.
- initial EAP assessments, mental health clinics, primary care settings or emergency rooms.
- initial field assessments by child protection, welfare workers or other social service providers.
- Offers a quick assessment of current substance use disorder criteria.
- Provides support for substance use disorder diagnoses in minutes.
- Documents negative findings for those individuals who do not see problems.
- Item #: TA-T
- | Package of 25
- | 1 minimum